Re: [xmlblaster] Some QOS Questions

>>Ok, I think I've re-tooled to take care of the above problems,  but I
>>haven't attacked the Key DTD as I want to get the QoS stuff straight
>>first.
>>I've added a slide for the <queue> tag in subscribing, but the example
>>leaves alot of questions.  Why is it "relating='unrelated'"?  The
>This is reserved for future to allow unrelated subscribes. The subscribe
>is in this case not related to a login session with its specific callback
>channel. You can subscribe and and pass a callback address with the
>subscribe (currently this is only possible on login). An example is a
>client which subscribes  for a dumb toaster or vacuum cleaner which are
>not capable or intelligent enough (or have no  login account) to do it
>themselve.

So is unrelated the only value or could one also specify the logon of
the session?

. .

>>exact relationship to having selected onOverFlow="deadletter" and
>>"callback type='EMAIL'" or is the dead letter not really a "letter" but
>>simply a message that can be conveyed via any support callback method?
>Exactly, the deadletter has nothing to do with email, it is just a
>special named message
>containing a lost message.
>Probably we should rename the feature to 'deadmessage'?

That would be nice.

>>Next on to the QOS for update and get.... :)
>The connect QoS is big as well :-)

Yes it is.

This message undoubtedly processed by the purely benevolent "US
Department of Homeland Security",  but don't worry... they're
only goal is to protect life, liberty and the pursuit of property.