RE: [xmlblaster-devel] c++ test cases

Hi Martin,

>Hi Marcel, Michele
>
>I have been working with xmlBlaster client lib tonight. I have come up
>against a couple of things.
>Would it be a good idea to keep the copied Global.cpp around if cpp.debug
>is
>true. It makes easier to debug, normal behaviour is to delete it.
>
>I have also had problems with test clients ( I know that it is a moving
>target, as I'm working out of cvs) Currently I'm working with TestFailsafe.
>It requires the server to be shut down. Fine, though the test case then
>falls over when nameserver query fails and assert is thrown, the code is
>not
>expecting the Nameservice query to fail.

If you run the tests individually you can choose if you want to run it with
an embedded server (-embeddedServer true on the command line) or with an
extern xmlBlaster.

If you choose an external xmlBlaster, then you need to explicitly (and manually)
shut down the server when the log of the testsuite tells you so. You must
also restart an xmlBlaster short thereafter (a log informs you on that).

If you choose to run it with the embedded server you must make sure you
don't have an external xmlBlaster running on the same host. The embedded
server will then stop and restart automatically and you should not get any
assert.

In case you still get an assert could you please send the trace you get
and the configuration you used ? I tested with the constellation TAO+Linux
and I could not reproduce the error.

>I am intending to work progressivly through these examples over the next
>few
>days so I could fix as they come up, I'm just letting you know if you want
>to do something about sooner than that.

I don't think we are going to make big changes at the c++ code the next
couple of days. It is now running on several platforms and should be quite
stable.

>I notice that implementation is creeping into header files. All functions
>are then inline and bloat the library.

Which are the classes do you mean here ?

>Regards
>

>Martin

Cheers

Dreaming of a Swiss Account? Get it here: http://freemail.swissinfo.org