Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: jacOrb]]

Marcel Ruff wrote:

Mark J Stang wrote:

Hi,
I posted this message on the dbXML list tonight.   Does
anyone here have any ideas?   Has anyone tried to subsitute
OpenOrb?

Hi,
I have been doing all of my testing with dbXML and
so far everything has gone well.   Tonight, I tried to
integrate xmlBlaster and dbXML.   They both use
corba, xmlBlaster uses jacOrb.   I believe that
dbXML is based on openOrb.   A while back someone
tested dbXML with jacOrb and had it running.

I have two choices:
1) Switch dbXML to jacOrb.
2) Switch out xmlBlaster and replace it with something else.

I don't believe that xmlBlaster can be switched(easily) to
OpenOrb.

Michele switched the Orb a while ago to orbaccus, i think it is not a big deal.

Point 2) is no good idea :-)

What are your errors/exceptions, how does your architecture look like?

cu,
Marcel

Marcel,
Here is my error.   It actually occurs in dbXML code:

[ New connection to 192.168.1.2:32777 ]
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
at org.dbxml.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:238)
at org.dbxml.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:218)
at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)

XMLDB is seperate from dbXML. They are an open source api for XML databases.

thanks,

Mark