Re: [Fwd: [Fwd: jacOrb]]

Marcel Ruff wrote:

Mark J Stang wrote:

Hi,
I posted this message on the dbXML list tonight.   Does
anyone here have any ideas?   Has anyone tried to subsitute
OpenOrb?

thanks,

Mark

[Fwd: jacOrb]

"Mark J. Stang" <markstang at earthlink.net>

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:38:35 -0700

Mark Stang <mark at markjstang.com>

jacOrb

"Mark J. Stang" <markstang at earthlink.net>

Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:37:32 -0700

"dbxml-core-devel at lists.sourceforge.net" <dbxml-core-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Hi, I have been doing all of my testing with dbXML and so far everything has gone well. Tonight, I tried to integrate xmlBlaster and dbXML. They both use corba, xmlBlaster uses jacOrb. I believe that dbXML is based on openOrb. A while back someone tested dbXML with jacOrb and had it running.

I have two choices:
1) Switch dbXML to jacOrb.
2) Switch out xmlBlaster and replace it with something else.

I don't believe that xmlBlaster can be switched(easily) to
OpenOrb.

I have just tested xmlBlaster with OpenORB, the CORBA part seems to run

fine, but the XML stuff is not compatible.

This switches xmlBlaster to use openORB (adding the openorb jar files
to the CLASSPATH first):

java -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.openorb.CORBA.ORB -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.openorb.CORBA.ORBSingleton org.xmlBlaster.Main

XmlBlaster including its CORBA plugin starts fine,
but then there are some XML errors.

Which XML parser is used by openORB?

cu Marcel

Marcel,
Reading your response brought up a question. In the client code, where do I
specify which CORBA implementation I am using? I am writing an XML
Server. The server uses dbXML to store the documents. dbXML can be
based on jacOrb or OpenOrb. dbXML is currently running on OpenOrb. So I am an OpenOrb CORBA client to dbXML. I am trying to use xmlBlaster
for the networking. This will allow my clients to "subscribe" to database
changes. So I am a CORBA Client there also. However, the version that I
am using is running on top of jacOrb. So I am a jacOrb Client.

So, now I am back to my two options:

1)   Switch everyone to the same CORBA or at least get the clients to
work with both Orbs at the same time.

2) Switch out one component and replace it with a non-CORBA implementation.

I am pretty much locked into dbXML, not many open source XML databases...

So does anyone think it is possible to get one client to talk to two different orbs? Or how do I eliminate all traces of jacOrb from my classpath? By eliminating
all traces, I mean what is imbedded in xmlBlaster that might be in the way or
based on jacOrb?

thanks,

Mark