Re: [xmlblaster] Scalability and Performance question

Where are you and Michele located? We are in Virginia USA. David

Marcel Ruff wrote:
Hi David,

as a developer i can't talk for xmlBlaster 'end-users', but i like your use case :-)

I would recommend to simulate the setup in-house to recognize early enough possible problems.
This shouldn't be too hard but will pay off in long term.

Another issue in such an environment is efficient monitoring and control, here xmlBlaster
offers some very smart features.

Probably it is a good idea to hire Michele or myself for some days doing initial planing,

best regards
Marcel

David R Robison wrote:
We are also interested in people's experience with the stability of a "large" xmlBlaster network. Thanks again, David

David R Robison wrote:
We are currently deploying a statewide xmlBlaster network for regional data integration and sharing. The data being shared is standards based XML messages wrapped in an EDXL-DE message. We currently have deployed 6 xmlBlaster nodes, most operating as both domain masters and slaves. We foresee the network growing to about a dozen nodes with 2 dozen domains mapped onto the cluster of nodes with up to 1500 simultaneous users attached to the various nodes. Our client has expressed some question as to the ability of xmlBaster to scale to multiple nodes and multiple data sources. I am curious as to what other experience others have had in deploying "large" xmlBlaster networks and what performance is being realized by xmlBlaster.

Thanks in advance, David Robison

--

David R Robison
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.