Re: [xmlblaster] Cluster peers

Michael Lum wrote:
Hi Marcel!
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've attached a diagram of what I have in mind. It's basically akin to setting up 'multicast domains' where the routing logic doesn't only check to see if it is the master, it also checks to see if it should both handle locally as well as forward to another master or lower stratum.

Is there anything I can provide to help? Is this something I could achieve by writing a custom clustering plugin?

Principally your configuration should be possible. Why do you need the mirrored master? For fail over (HA)?

Unfortenately, for master mirroring a plugin is not enough:

xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/engine/cluster/ClusterManager.java:369
does for example forwardPublish().

This calls getConnection() which is implemented on line 627.
If you change the return type to return an array (or a Set)
of "NodeDomainInfo" (which is the found master or the stratum nearer to the master)
instances instead of only one
you could address two or more masters.

You would need to remove the "break;" on line 698 and
than handle multiple higher priority masters in all follow up code.

OR probably a better approach is that the message is only routed
to its single master and when the master is reached this one mirrors it
to neighbour masters (what about fail over in this case?).

Just play a bit in those code sections and report your
success.
Please use the current code from svn for this so we can
easily add your patch.

best regards
Marcel

Thanks Mike