Re: [xmlblaster] GPRS / Different IP

Matthew Monson wrote:
Just an update,

I tested the problem on a LAN using the client example:
java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe - session.name <http://session.name/> client/joe/session/1
-dispatch/callback/retries -1 -plugin/socket/hostname 192.168.0.3 <http://192.168.0.3>

connecting to a default server setup with no xmlBlaster.properties file:
java -jar lib/xmlBlaster.jar

I pulled out the network cable and plugged it back in, reconnected successfully.

I then pulled out the network cable and changed my IP address and plugged it
back in and the client could NOT reconnect to the server, still nothing appearing
on the server logs.

I then pulled the cable out and changed my IP address back to what it was
plugged it back in and the client reconnected successfully.

Bug?
Thanks for this details, that is exactly what i suspected.
I'll have a look at this a.s.a.p,

    protocol to specify 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>
    > as the IP (any port #) which means "send callbacks to my current
    end-point"

    Yes, the callback address is simply ignored on server side, as we
    tunnel
    the response back
    in the same socket.
    It could be useful when we want to force the server to open a separate
    connection
    for callbacks (similar to XMLRPC etc.) but this feature was never
    implemented.

    Marcel