Re: [xmlblaster] GPRS / Different IP

On 29 Nov 2006 at 14:28, Marcel Ruff wrote:

> Ok,
>
> thanks for the details!
>
> I will try the case of changing client side IP address with a java client
> as soon as i find time for it and come back to this issue,

When using the socket protocol, why does a subscribe need to specify the client's
IP address in the callback specification?

I thought the socket protocol ignored the callback IP, even though it's required..

If it's not ignored, would it be reasonable for the socket protocol to specify 0.0.0.0
as the IP (any port #) which means "send callbacks to my current end-point"

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com