[xmlblaster] Mobile application using XMLBlaster via GPRS

Hi folks.

Marcel propably knows what we are trying to accomplish but I am starting
to discuss this here, as it might be of interest for more people.

We are starting a project which requires to operate a mobile device in a
moving vehicle.
Required is the continously sending of data while the vehicle is
operating via a GPRS connection. In the best case we are able to use the
raw socket protocol to reduce message overhead and keep communication
costs low.

The GPRS connection unfortunately is supposed to change IP addresses
while moving from cell to cell which might imply problems with the
xmlBlaster client being logged on with a dedicated address on the
server. The client will be travelling across a longer distance (up to
400km) so cell changes are frequent.

My questions are:

1) Has someone already applied a scenario in which the blaster client is
moving and changing addresses ?
2) Is this a critical issue for the blaster software or is this already
handled in a way which does not oppose latency problems by frequent
relogin attempts ?

Thanks in advance for answers.

Regards,

Oliver