Re: [xmlblaster] can't start jmxgui

Marshall Shapiro wrote:

I've been trying to start the jmxgui. To do this I understand I must start the server with xmlBlaster/jmx/XmlBlasterAdaptor=true in the properties file. But when I do so, I get an exception on server startup:

javax.management.ReflectionException: The MBean class could not be loaded by the context classloader
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanInstantiatorImpl.findClass(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.createMBean(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.createMBean(Unknown Source)
at org.xmlBlaster.util.admin.extern.JmxWrapper.startXmlBlasterConnector(JmxWrapper.java:253)

The class it's trying to load is:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/xmlBlaster/util/admin/extern/XmlBlasterConnector

But it is there in my class path. (that is, it's in xmlBlaster.jar).

I am using xmlBlaster V.1.0.4 and running Java 5.0 under WindowsXP.

Could you help me out? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Also, I can't find were you explain what I would need to do to add my own plug-ins to the JMXGUI - if I can get it to work that is.

Thank you in advance.

Marshall

Hi Marshall,

the jmxgui is currently not maintained, you need
to do some coding to get it running again.
Please use the jconsole or HTTP access as described in
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/admin.jmx.html
(take the newest xmlBlaster from svn)

You can also use a tool like HP-OpenView or many other monitoring tools
which support JMX,

thanks
Marcel