Re: [xmlblaster] Newbie question about QoS

Hi Charles,

Charles Hsiao wrote:
Hi,

I need your help on getting the oldest message in the
xmlBlaster and only retrieve one.

Here is the definition of MessageUnit. MsgUnit[] msgUnits =
conn.get(xmlGetKey.toXml(),"<qos><querySpec
type='QueueQuery'><![CDATA[maxEntries=1&maxSize=-1&consumable=true&waitingDelay=0]]></querySpec></qos>");

I did get one message, but not sure if it is the
oldest one.

Yes you get the oldest first (FIFO).

The application that I am working on processes the messages based on the time of messages entering the system.

Please point me to the right directory. BTW, is there
any programing reference doc about xmlblaster?

The programming reference are the requirements:

http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/requirement.html

(and of course there are the apis too)

For the particular case you are describing here, the most interesting requirement is:

http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/engine.qos.queryspec.QueueQuery.html

Regards
Michele

Many thanks for your help.