RE: [xmlblaster] vb.net and activex dll

settings

Yours: Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1.4322 --> mine: Same
Yours: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 --> mine: XP Pro, Svc.
Pack 2
Yours java.runtime.version 1.5.0-beta-b32c --> mine: 1.5.0_01-b08
Yours os.version 5.1 --> mine: Same
Yours sun.io.unicode.encoding UnicodeLittle --> mine: Same
Yours file.encoding Cp1252 --> mine: Same

>>It runs fine here, i've still no clue why it fails on your platform

Yep, it's almost impossible to troubleshoot, since it works on your
machine.  But it fails on 3 different machines I've tried, and they
aren't set up in any special way.  I cannot mimick your set up exactly,
as 1.5 beta is not available for download, but other than that, I think
our setups are the same.

>>If you are experienced with Windows it is probably no
>>big issue to wrap the C and C++ xmlBlaster client library
>>as an ActiveX control

Well I'm not that experienced on windows, but if an expert will point me
in the right direction, I'll give it a go.

My thinking...as a newbie, is that a C DLL has to be created...I mean
xmlBlasterClientC.dll which comes with the install has return types that
wouldn't be supported by pinvoke, so someone basically has to code a C
DLL that can access that at a higher level.  Then, if someone wished
they could use that new dll using pinvoke, or again, write a wrapper in
vb.net, creating a native DLL to the C DLL, then you could do your
programming in the expected way.

Well I hate to ask for programming lessons, but if anyone can offer some
help, I'll do the grunt work.

Thanks,
Robert