Re: [xmlblaster] When does a topic get marked dead?

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 06:08:19PM +0200, Marcel Ruff wrote:
<snip>
> Try this:
>
>   java org.xmlBlaster.Main -call[core] true
>
>   java javaclients.HelloWorldPublish -lifeTime 0 -destroyDelay 0
>
> you can see in the server log how the topic disappears
> (type 'd' in the server console to verify it).

Ok, I tried this, and it did not work quite as expected.

Here's what I actually did:

Run the server:  "java org.xmlBlaster.Main"

In another window, ran the subscribe demo
client: "java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe"

I hit a key and let the subscribe client enter a subscription.

Then, in another window, the publish client:

"java javaclients.HelloWorldPublish -lifeTime 0 -destroyDelay 0"

I hit enter to publish a message and it gets published, the
topic gets created on the server and is subsequently marked 'DEAD'.

Two messages show up in the subscriber window - the publish and
the erase event.  This is fine.

Now, I exit the publish client and run it again, exactly the same.

>From this point forwards, no messages ever get received by the
subscriber client, regardless of how many times I run the
publish client.

I was trying various combinations of topic destroy delays, maxentry
settings and whatnot to get things to work in my environment, and
this pretty much seems to be the behaviour I'm seeing.  The publish
is made successfully by the publisher, the topic is cleaned up by
the server, but any subscribers to that message (using an xpath
subscription on the message key) never receive the messages.

Any ideas?  Is this a bug, or am I likely doing something wrong
still?

Oh, fyi - I'm using version 0.901 at the moment.

--
David Kerry