Re: [xmlblaster] some callback questions

wojtek wrote:
Hi

1. Is it possible to have a subscriber (I want to receive asynchronous updates) that connects using SOCKET protocol and doesn't register a callback ? If it is - how can a java client do it ?
2. When I connect using SOCKET protocol and add a callback address to ConnectQos with 'type' set to 'SOCKET' and 'rawAddress' to 'socket://some.address:somePort', the port that I supplied seems to be ignored and other one is used (I looked at the qos that was sent to xmlBlaster and 'callback' tag does have the full address ('socket://some.address:somePort') inside). When I use XMLRPC and set 'rawAddress' to 'http://some.address:somePort' everything seems to be ok and the port I supplied is used.

The current SOCKET plugin reuses the established TCP/IP-socket (from your client) to push back the messages from the server. This feature is nice to tunnel messages back through firewalls.

I have once started a variant of the SOCKET plugin
which establishes a listener on client side (similar
to XMLRPC and CORBA) but i have not finished it
as i did not see any need for it.

You can however force the client side of hostname/port
(instead of the choosen by your OS), this is useful
if you client computer is multihomed (for example
has more than one Ethernet card).

You don't want to register a callback with SOCKET,
i don't think this is currently possible.
Please choose XMLRPC or CORBA instead.

Thanks in advance wojtek