Re: [xmlblaster] MySQL Bugs

Hi Peter,
I installed MySQL 4.1.10 on linux and I believe that mysql still has problems in handling rollbacks (even if the metadata says it supports transactions).

I say that since the following test went wrong:

I have three entries in the DB (lets say entries 2,3,4). I set autocommit to false and make a request where I delete the entries 1,2,3,4,5. This throws (as for the other DBs) an exception. I then make a rollback and delete every single entry individually. In the case of mySql no entry is deleted. That's because they where deleted in the first place ignoring the rollback directive.

So this is a problem. I will have a closer look to it in the next days.

Michele

Peter Bennett wrote:
Greetings

Is this meant to happen?

Class org.xmlBlaster.test.classtest.AllTests

testPeekMsg
Failure

I_QueueTest.peekMsg(callback:QueuePlugin/peekMsg)[org.xmlBlaster.util.queue.jdbc.JdbcQueueCommonTablePlugin]: Exception thrown: XmlBlasterException errorCode=[resource.db.unknown] serverSideException=false node=[xmlBlaster] location=[JdbcManagerCommonTable.getEntriesBySamePriority] message=[An unknown error with the backend database using JDBC occurred : java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select max(prio) from TEST_ENTRIES where queueName='callback_QueuePluginpeekMsg'' at line 1"]

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: I_QueueTest.peekMsg(callback:QueuePlugin/peekMsg)[org.xmlBlaster.util.queue.jdbc.JdbcQueueCommonTablePlugin]: Exception thrown: XmlBlasterException errorCode=[resource.db.unknown] serverSideException=false node=[xmlBlaster] location=[JdbcManagerCommonTable.getEntriesBySamePriority] message=[An unknown error with the backend database using JDBC occurred : java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation, message from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'select max(prio) from TEST_ENTRIES where queueName='callback_QueuePluginpeekMsg'' at line 1"] at org.xmlBlaster.test.classtest.queue.I_QueueTest.peekMsg(I_QueueTest.java:605)

at org.xmlBlaster.test.classtest.queue.I_QueueTest.testPeekMsg(I_QueueTest.java:444)

1.745

--
Michele Laghi
mailto:laghi at swissinfo.org
tel. +46 8 7492952 / mob. +46 70 4103964
http://www.geocities.com/laghi2000
http://www.xmlBlaster.org