[xmlblaster] catching exceptions with publishOneway

I'm using publishOney to publish messages asynchronously to a
xmlblaster node. When the connection to the node goes down, I see the
following stack trace in the client

org.omg.CORBA.TRANSIENT: Retries exceeded, couldn't reconnect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:56061  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.Client_TCP_IP_Transport.connect(Client_TCP_IP_Transport.java:178)
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.TCP_IP_Transport.write(TCP_IP_Transport.java:302)
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.GIOPConnection.write(GIOPConnection.java:516)
        at org.jacorb.orb.CDROutputStream.write(CDROutputStream.java:278)
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.ServiceContextTransportingOutputStream.write_to(ServiceContextTransportingOutputStream.java:153)
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.GIOPConnection.sendMessage(GIOPConnection.java:565)
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.GIOPConnection.sendRequest(GIOPConnection.java:547)
        at org.jacorb.orb.connection.ClientConnection.sendRequest(ClientConnection.java:232)
        at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate$1.run(Delegate.java:902)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

However, neither reachedDead for this connection is called, nor
does the publishOneway call throw an exception.

Could we change the connection handling of publishOneway to be exactly
the same as for publish, i.e. throwing exceptions and calling
reachedDead ?

Michael

--
matighet at bbn.com   BBN Technologies