Re: [xmlblaster] problems with Jacorb 1.4.50 as part of xmlblaster

Michael Atighetchi wrote:

You can always check the JacORB version like this:

cd xmlBlaster/lib
cvs log jacorb.jar

(or look into xmlBlaster/lib/LICENSE)

cool.

We have upgraded JacORB to the cvs version from 2003-03-27 18:00
to resolve memory and thread leaks. This helped a lot but there
are still two issues (on of it is currently looked at by the JacORB team).

I think the different versions of JacORB are compatible, probably your problem is
related to setting System.properties(), please see

xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol/corba/OrbInstanceFactory.java

Thanks. I added

java \
   -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB \
   -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton \
   org.xmlBlaster.Main \

which seemed to have solved the issue. Don't know why JacORB 1.3.30 did not complain.

Because we changed the code (see OrbInstanceFactory.java) to clean up
the System.properties() after creating JacORB to the original setting.

Before we forgot to reset the System.properties() and automatically
every ORB created later by you was JacORB.

Marcel

The method initializeOrbEnv() manipulates the JVM settings to force
JacORB instead of Sun's ORB delivered with the JDK.

Probably you should try OrbInstanceFactory.createOrbInstance() to create the ORB,
this could solve your problem.

Good point - I'll also try this.

Thanks
Michael