Re: [xmlblaster] problems with Jacorb 1.4.50 as part of xmlblaster

Michael Atighetchi wrote:

After upgrading to the lastest xmlblaster from CVS, I noticed that the
version of JacORB changed from 1.3.30 to 1.4.50. In addition, I
started getting the following exception in a slave plugin

[Apr 11, 2003 10:10:58 AM ESC[32;40mINFO ESC[0m RunlevelManager-/node/djmproxy1] Successful startup to run level STANDBY [ 16 sec 375 millis ]
org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:297)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:336)
at com.bbn.quo.dpasa.AlertProducer.<init>(AlertProducer.java:28)
at com.bbn.quo.dpasa.PublishLenChecker.initialize(PublishLenChecker.java:62)
at org.xmlBlaster.engine.mime.PublishPluginManager.postInstantiate(PublishPluginManager.java:62)
at org.xmlBlaster.util.plugin.PluginManagerBase.instantiatePluginSecondPhase(PluginManagerBase.java:254)
at org.xmlBlaster.util.plugin.PluginManagerBase.getPluginObject(PluginManagerBase.java:111)
at org.xmlBlaster.util.plugin.PluginManagerBase.getPluginObject(PluginManagerBase.java:84)
at org.xmlBlaster.engine.mime.PublishPluginManager.initializePlugins(PublishPluginManager.java:88)
at org.xmlBlaster.engine.mime.PublishPluginManager.runlevelChange(PublishPluginManager.java:223)
at org.xmlBlaster.engine.runlevel.RunlevelManager.fireRunlevelEvent(RunlevelManager.java:312)
at org.xmlBlaster.engine.runlevel.RunlevelManager.changeRunlevel(RunlevelManager.java:188)
at org.xmlBlaster.Main.init(Main.java:148)
at org.xmlBlaster.Main.<init>(Main.java:107)
at org.xmlBlaster.Main.main(Main.java:496)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.create_impl(ORB.java:295)
... 14 more
[Apr 11, 2003 10:10:58 AM ESC[31;40mERRORESC[0m Main-/node/djmproxy1] org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: can't instantiate default ORB implementation vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No

My plugin class PublishLenChecker tries to instantiate an ORB in AlertProducer to communicate to other CORBA components.

// initialize ORB java.util.Properties orbprops = new java.util.Properties();
orb = ORB.init(args, orbprops);

I believe this is due to a JacORB version mismatch. I'm actually
compiling my code against JacORB 1_4_1, and xmlblaster is compiled
against 1.4.50.

What is the best way to get my code and xmlblaster to the same version
of JacORB ? I'm willing to move away from 1_4_1 to the version
xmlblaster uses, but woud like to know what version it is (and would
like to be informed if it changes within xmlblaster).

Michael

You can always check the JacORB version like this:

cd xmlBlaster/lib
cvs log jacorb.jar

(or look into xmlBlaster/lib/LICENSE)

We have upgraded JacORB to the cvs version from 2003-03-27 18:00
to resolve memory and thread leaks. This helped a lot but there
are still two issues (on of it is currently looked at by the JacORB team).

I think the different versions of JacORB are compatible, probably your problem is
related to setting System.properties(), please see

 xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol/corba/OrbInstanceFactory.java

The method initializeOrbEnv() manipulates the JVM settings to force
JacORB instead of Sun's ORB delivered with the JDK.

Probably you should try OrbInstanceFactory.createOrbInstance() to create the ORB,
this could solve your problem.

regards,

Marcel