Re: [xmlblaster] JdbcQueuePlugin won't load

Hallo Michael,

Michael Atighetchi wrote:
Marcel, Michele,

thanks for your help. I got my setup working with a postgres 7.2
database. I dropped looking into support for mysql, as I will
eventually move to Oracle 9i (haven't figured out how to install the
oracle db yet ... ugh :(
I had the same problem: some hours of struggle but at the end it was worth it ;)

The configuration options I'm using are:

ProtocolPlugin[JDBC][1.0]=org.xmlBlaster.protocol.jdbc.JdbcDriver
CbProtocolPlugin[JDBC][1.0]=org.xmlBlaster.protocol.jdbc.CallbackJdbcDriver
persistence/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0
queue/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0
useTopicStore=true
queue.persistent.url=jdbc:postgresql://<...>/test
cb.queue.persistent.url=jdbc:postgresql://<...>/test

On to the next issue: I see that new tables get created every time
a message is published. Since all the messages really correspond to a
single queue, they should just be stored as multiple lines within the
same table. Is there a way to specify the queue name upon publishing
new messages ?

It seems strange. The concept is that there is a set of available tables (one per queue). Additionally there is a table keeping track of the tables which are currently used and another which contains the tables which are not associated to a queue (the free tables).

Are you always publishing with the same oid ? In that case it should always put the messages in the same table since there is one topic store and one history queue per oid. On the other hand, if your oid is always a new one, then a new queue is created each time. There is also one callback queue per subscriber.

I just finished testing the alternative design (JdbcQueueCommonTablePlugin) on Oracle (postgres was already tested). It is a simpler design and worth looking at if large amount of tables is a problem.

The requirements are updated and the xmlBlaster.properties.template is updated too and configured per default with this newer approach.

Cheers Michele

Michael