[xmlblaster] Crash with volatile messages

Forgive me if this is written up on the list, but I
couldn't find it...

I'm trying to implement volatile messages and
xmlBlaster 0.7.9f is throwing up exceptions.

My code to send a volatile message is:

con.publish(new MessageUnit("<key oid='/classcode'/>",
	docCmd.asXML().getBytes(),
"<qos><isVolatile>true</isVolatile></qos>"));

(where docCmd is a dom4j XML document representing my
payload)

The xmlBlaster server log looks like this:

[Aug 30, 2002 6:58:49 PM WARN  MessageUnitHandler] No
subscribed client notification about message erase()
yet implemented
[Aug 30, 2002 6:58:50 PM ERROR CbWorker:session:3]
Callback failed: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.MessageUnitHandler.getRootNode(MessageUnitHandl
er.java:277)
        at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.BigXmlKeyDOM.messageErase(BigXmlKeyDOM.java:72)

        at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.RequestBroker.fireMessageEraseEvent(RequestBrok
er.java:1632)
        at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.RequestBroker.eraseVolatile(RequestBroker.java:
1292)
        at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.queue.MsgQueue.checkForVolatileErase(MsgQueue.j
ava:190)
        at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.callback.CbWorker.run(CbWorker.java:59)
        at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExec
utor.java:728)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The first message makes sense given a look at the
code. However, it's unclear to me by basic inspection
why MessageUnitHandler's xmlKey is null, which is
presumably where it's crashing.

Note that xmlBlaster is pretty robust -- despite this
exception, it continues to run nicely, though my
volatile message sticks around when I don't want it
to.

If this is a recognized failure (hopefully on my
part!), let me know where I'm going wrong. Otherwise,
I'll try to track down the failure inside the server.

Thanks!

Mark Murphy
mmurphy000 at yahoo.com