Re: how to start/stop a distant xmlBlaster server ?

Cyrille Giquello wrote:

Ok,
found. sorry for list noise ;o)

For starting :

    jaco .... xmlBlaster.jar -useKeyboard false &

so no keyboard and running in background. No cpu use for nothing.

It's such a cool thing!

For stopping :

    kill <processid>

is right caucht by xmlBlaster, so it is quitting cleanly ;o)

Isn't it cool?

Cyrille to Cyrille ;o)

PS : in few days there will be only Me on sometime Marcel in that list ;o{

If you keep on to find all solutions yourself, you

will soon be alone in space and universe :-)

Marcel

PS: Ahh, your request from last year is still pending,

i try to look at it tomorrow, har, har ... :-)

PPS: Probably we should add a publish() variant which
allows stopping xmlBlaster from remote (and add other
online configuration services).
Yes indeed, this would be a simple and nice extension.
And thanks to the great architecture of xmlBlaster,
we don't need to change the interface to do this.

Juergen Freidling form Doubleslash has some telnet
based interface to a2Blaster, probably we could copy
this idea to xmlBlaster as well.

Juergen how is it implemented?

-- Marcel Ruff mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/ http://www.xmlBlaster.org