Re: SOAP client

Dirk Hamstra wrote:

> I'll start by taking a look at the XML-RPC stuff to
> begin with - the move to SOAP shouldn't be that
> difficult.

I don't think so.

> Actually one of my main uses for xmlBlaster is to act
> a switch between CORBA and XML-RPC/SOAP. So the
> configuration looks something like this:
>
> CORBA         XML-RPC       SOAP
> Server        Client        Client
>   |              |            |
>   |--------xmlBlaster---------|
>
> So this basically means using xmlBlaster as a bridge
> between CORBA and SOAP (alternative approaches include
> http://soap2corba.sourceforge.net/). Is it feasible to
> use xmlBlaster for this purpose?

Hmm, xmlBlaster does not transform remote method
invocations, it delivers messages.

For example the method publish() can be
invoked from a CORBA or RMI or XML-RPC
client, to deliver a message.

> I did browse through the docs and some of the code,
> but not detailed enough to answer these questions:
>
> - how to take an xmlBlaster message and turn it into a
> CORBA invocation? Examples?

There is no support for this.
You would need to code this by yourself as
an addon.

> - just so I get the lingo right: an xmlBlaster
> CORBAClient can be CORBAServer - right?

Shure, client and server are independend code
fragments, which may be linked together into
one process.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Dirk
cu