Re: [xmlblaster-devel] How do I get rid of QueuePropertyBase.checkConsistency

Hi Matt,

Matthew Sargent wrote:
> Michele,
>
> Thanks very much again, I really appreciate the help!
>
> Last question - So is persistence/msgUnitStore/maxEntriesCache on a per
> message basis or the entire memory? and going further, is the maxBytesCache
> per message or in total? So if I have 2 GB to allocate to the Java process
> running my server, would I set the maxBytesCache to nearly 2GB or should I
> set it to something using a calculation like  (maxEntriesCache *
> maxBytesCache)?

maxBytesCache is the *total* maximum amount of memory per storage/queue.
In the case of the msgUnitStore it is only one single storage so what
you specify is the complete maximum RAM you want to assign to the
msgUnitStore.

> The reason I ask this, is that my server sits on a machne with only
> PostgresQL running on it as well (acting as the persistence store), and I am
> free to set these as high as I might need, so I would like to set them as
> high as I will ever need to improve performance.

Yes, avoiding swapping is really important when it comes to performance.
> Matt

Regards
Michele