Re: FW: [xmlblaster-devel] Master/Slave Master Restart

Hi again,

i have now checked your setup and have fixed following:

o 14909# Cluster fixes
  - Setting retries=-1 as a default for remote cluster login
  - Default is now to NOT disconnect at the remote clusters during shutdown
    The old behavior can be forced by adding a <diconnect/> tag.
  - Bugfix to not forward the '__persistenceId' marker client property
from subscribeQos to the remote node

Please assure that your xmlBlasterPlugins.xml contains

  <plugin create='true' id='subPersistence'
className='org.xmlBlaster.engine.SessionPersistencePlugin'>
     <action do='LOAD' onStartupRunlevel='4' sequence='10' />
     <action do='STOP' onShutdownRunlevel='3' sequence='60'/>
  </plugin>

and that your clients use persistent subscribes.

The only remaining problem is that i haven't the time to add an
automated test case
for your use case. If you find some spare time it would be nice if you
add one
under xmlBlaster/testsuite/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/test/cluster, there
are some
examples showing how this could be done. The big benefit is that like
this our future development
is assured to not harm your operational scenario (to run the cluster tests
you currently have to force CORBA with protocol=IOR).

To get the latest please use our subversion access.

best regards
Marcel

PS: Here are the examples i've used for manual testing

You HAVE TO BE in the directory xmlBlaster/demo/javaclients/cluster to
run them successfully.
You can kill any or all of the participants and will never loose a
message or subscription.

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote org.xmlBlaster.Main -propertyFile
heron.properties

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote org.xmlBlaster.Main -propertyFile
avalon.properties

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote javaclients.HelloWorldPublish
-protocol IOR -bootstrapPort 7600 -numPublish 100 -interactivePublish
true -session.name pubisher/2 -persistent true -erase.forceDestroy true
-protocol IOR -oid PublishToSlave.RUGBY_NEWS -domain RUGBY_NEWS -content
"We win"

java -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe
-protocol IOR -bootstrapPort 7601 -oid PublishToSlave.RUGBY_NEWS
-session.name subscriber/1 -domain RUGBY_NEWS -persistentSubscribe true
-dispatch/callback/retries -1 -multiSubscribe false

Sniff all messages passing through:

java javaclients.simplereader.SimpleReaderGui -protocol IOR
-bootstrapPort 7600

java javaclients.simplereader.SimpleReaderGui -protocol IOR
-bootstrapPort 7601

$JAVA_HOME/bin/jconsole

Jonathan Clark wrote:
Marcel,

This is pretty important as we have an installation in the field that we
are trying to fix. I realize that you have a lot going on, so if there
is any thing that Matt and I can do to help gather more info or somewhere
we should start looking, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jonathan