Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Socket test with thread leak?

Peter Antman wrote:
FYI:
our production server went down this weekend due to excessive amounts of
threads. The client XmlBlaster side collapsed when it reached 850
threads. Why are not the threads closed down and reclaimed manually, or
is it something I do not understand here?

Very ugly! A client side thread leak.

As soon as the Global is recycled all resources (like threads)
are freed.
If not to depend on the garbage collector you
can explicitly call

   glob.shutdown();

when a client connection is finished.

Guessing your environment:

 - Linux
 - JDK 1.4
 - Using Jacorb (CORBA) to communicate
??

Marcel

PS: What about the tests below?
PPS: We could make a glob.shutdown() in con.disconnect()
    but this needs to investigate side effects first.