Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Socket test with thread leak?

FYI:
our production server went down this weekend due to excessive amounts of
threads. The client XmlBlaster side collapsed when it reached 850
threads. Why are not the threads closed down and reclaimed manually, or
is it something I do not understand here?

//Peter
On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 17:23, Marcel Ruff wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> fact is that on client side the threads grows suddenly
> after a time of no thread leak, it happens on you machine
> but not on mine.
>
> It seems that the client side Global (one for each
> connection) is suddenly not gc'd anymore.
> This Global holds the threads which we see in your log output.
>
> I have added the lines
>
>       glob.shutdown();
>       glob = null;
>
> to your xmlBlaster/testsuite/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/test/memoryleak/TestThreadLeak.java
> (in cvs).
> It shouldn't be necessary as this cleanup is done
> in finalize() as well when the glob is gc'd.
>
> Could you please rerun your tests and report again?
>
> thanks
>
> Marcel
>
> PS: Even if the problem has disappeared in your
> environment (what i believe) it is a bit strange
> as it would look like a JVM bug.
>

> --
> http://www.xmlBlaster.org
Peter Antman	Chief Technology Officer, Development
Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
WWW: http://www.tim.se	WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Email: pra at tim.se
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: +46-(0)704 20 58 11