Re: gnu autoconf

> - RMI is not compiled proper, there is a error message
>   on xmlBlaster startup:
>    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.xmlBlaster.protocol.rmi.AuthServerImpl_Stub

That has never worked on my system, so I figured I was missing a library or
something strange.  I will try to investigate, hopefully it is just something
that I am missing in one of the makefiles.

> - make[7]: Entering directory
> `/home/ruff/xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol/corba'
> if /usr/bin/test ! -f xmlBlaster.idl.done ||  /usr/bin/test -n
> "`/usr/bin/find . ( -name "*.idl" ) -newer "xmlBlaster.idl.done"`"; then
> \
>     /usr/bin/idl -p org.xmlBlaster.protocol.corba -d
> /home/ruff/xmlBlaster/src/java xmlBlaster.idl; \
>             if /usr/bin/test xmlBlaster.idl ; then \
>                 /usr/bin/touch xmlBlaster.idl.done; \
>             fi \
>         fi

Yup, thanks.  I is a easy fix, I just have to reorder the PATH in configure.in

In the meantime the environment variable will override the configure script so
do this:
	rm config.cache
	export IDL=$XMLBLASTER_HOME/bin/idl
	or
	setenv IDL $XMLBLASTER_HOME/bin/idl
	configure

That will set IDL to the right tool.

> - Some sort of 'gmake test' which starts xmlBlaster and
>   the testsuite should be integrated as well in a future step

That would be very cool.  I have have never done it (with out a perl
Makefile.PL anyway).  Definately something to add onto the wish list.

-Cory