[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[xmlblaster] server side exception: Can't process XPath expression
- To: xmlblaster <xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org>
- Subject: [xmlblaster] server side exception: Can't process XPath expression
- From: Andrew Yinger <andrew.yinger at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 22:01:39 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:reply-to:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=TyPrEawb6LFFrJfsKej5CKsPwmzddrjmAEREhRaxlho=; b=wTeSM6WI17bIylZJCmGe+5Z9DD02wLh5yVI72Ex6dS5PCBu5EsfiwmEbnYt70mCQ5g GI22a45p9AqdMfhjcrmkncFy204rjGh6jAiz5K5d4i4CrNlgrCB73H2J7bZmUQG+nQBS WhDXAwcUhFQAB90VvvvJRVn18uiMCeHOhzaEueQCLkqegvZhkVLNjy+Df9dr4GtQnZUE SHXvqkcmJbbdHvnTxJVJu4ZAqh7y7MluclGGxqk7glZp6/ip97T5b3JRb0edHP/dIJuu s6xmAA7WUUgndIRBBvFpku50xhvGYHJcMNqoJi9+vxyoJ7/cpPsAlrIUM+LFxAc8jp9a 67mA==
- Reply-to: xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org
- Sender: owner-xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org
i believe this issue was identified before, but i occasionally see a
server-side exception that starts off like:
errorCode=user.query.invalid message=#exported Sorry, can't access,
query syntax of
message=[#exported Can't process XPath expression .....
it was first suggested that this was a parsing issue -- a possible xml
parser library conflict. (i have verified that i do *not* have any
extraneous xml parsing libs in my 'java\lib\endorsed' directory.)
later, a user noticed that a similar error was happening during unit
testing, and that it was a bug on the server:
The issues are:
1. The null check (method_newXPath == null) is outside the
synchronization block. Thread A and thread B could both pass through
the null check at the same time. Thread A will create the xpath
objects while B waits. Then thread B will go through and recreate
xpath objects while A is using them.
2. XPathFactory is, in general, not thread-safe (see
and a method on that object is invoked outside the synchro block.
has this bug been fixed? if so, what version should i be using now?
(i am currently using xmlBlaster version 1.6.2 2007-12-03
a response to this ongoing issue would be greatly appreciated, as it
is impacting our automated unit tests.