Re: [xmlblaster] Re: Http Applet Client

Hi Gregory,

the online demo runs fine:
http://www.xmlblaster.org:8080/xmlBlaster/HelloWorld3.html

I have just tried the current xmlBlaster svn:

~/xmlBlaster> build deploy_war
http://localhost:8080/xmlBlaster/HelloWorld3.html

but the connect to xmlBlaster hangs, I couldn't find the Java console for my Firefox 3.6.2,
(https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/141/)
so I didn't investigate further.
Is there any Applet expert out there to shed some light on this?

I have the impression that applets are not in use this much anymore
since Javascript-Ajax, Flash or Webstart can do everything as well.

Thanks
Marcel

Gregory Hamel schrieb:
Thx for the reply Marcel.

We're proofing a distributed app platform and I'm looking to integrate xmlBlaster as a lightweight MOM.. If our POC works alright we'd like to be able to do funding demos using 3-4 simultaneous mobile clients; can you ballpark pricing of the J2ME client for commercial OEM use and for limited demo use?

Regarding the Applet client I'll try stuffing the jar inside the war, but what I really need are xmlBlaster clients for javaFx desktop, web, and mobile profiles. If the Applet client uses Java networking it can probably just be integrated as a background thread any synchronized with the 'fx UI thread but it would be nice to have a cross-profile xmlBlaster 'fx client.. Do you happen to know if there is any work going on that area?

Regards,