Re: [xmlblaster] Deliver-once semantics and synchronous message query

Hi Martin,

you can access any server side queue (callback-queue, history-queue, subject-queue)
with a synchronous call with get().

This is described in
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/engine.qos.queryspec.QueueQuery.html
It allows polling - or more elegant - doing a blocking get() until the given timeout happens or the given
messages are available and then immediately returns.

Your XmlRpc client would login and subscribe to all interested topics,
its callback queue is filled but because you don't establish a callback server
they are never delivered.
Now you can use the above consuming get() to poll for them without ever loosing
a message, even if you XmlRpc client is offline for some days,

Martin Stjernholm wrote:
Hello. I'm just figuring out how to put xmlBlaster to work in a
project and I've never used it before, so please excuse what might be
a newbie question.

The engine.callback requirement mentions a guarantee to deliver
messages only once. The thing is that I'd prefer to not use callback
mode, but rather only use the synchronous get() method (over xmlrpc)
to poll for messages. That way I don't have to set up an xmlrpc
server. So can I get deliver-once semantics using synchronous polling
too?

Thanks.

--
Marcel Ruff