Re: [xmlblaster] protocol.email base64

leduke4223 at gmx.net wrote:
Hi,

I just tried to connect a mailclient to xmlBlaster following the Howto. It worked pretty fast, but now I've got the problem that my messages are Base64 encoded. I tried to change the configuration in xmlblaster.properties and .plugins but did not succeed to change base64 to a human readable encoding....

Is there any chance to do that?
Your message-content is already Base64 encoded before you use the email protocol?
In this case you need a client side Base64 decoder on the receiver side as well.

It you want to suppress xmlBlaster to do its inside Base64 encoding:

see http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/protocol.email.html

messageIdForceBase64 (defaults to false):
"If the messageId markup contains illegal characters it is automatically base64 encoded. By setting this to true you can enforce everything to base64, even it is not necessary."

contentForceBase64 (defaults to false):
"If the email payload (the message content) contains illegal characters it is automatically base64 encoded, typically this happens for binary data like gif images. By setting this to true you can enforce every content email attachment to base64, even it is not necessary."

Note that you can't suppress the Base64 encoding in the current implementation if your text contains illegal characters,

Regards, Chris