Re: [xmlblaster] Message format

Michele Laghi schrieb:
> My personal favorite (since parsing is already included in the
> client library for c++ and java) is to put it in the client properties
> of the publish qos.

Hm, I forgot the possibility to add client properties into the publish
qos. I will have a look at it.

> I am not familiar with your use case but it seems you want to use the
> MOM for a Request response pattern. Since you don't want p2p you want to
> execute the command on an (to the sender unknown) number of clients.

Yes you are right. But at the first stage the use case is not that
difficult. At the moment I have only one client that should response to
a command.

> I had a similar requirement which I solved by p2p for both request and
> response, I know of others who have used a pub/sub for the request and a
> p2p for the response. Both solutions (or even a pub/sub for both) make
> sense depending of the details.
>
> My question is which policy do you use for the acknowledge ?
>
> - wait until first subscriber acknowledges the command
> - wait until N subscribers have acknowledged the command
> - other policy
>
> I ask you this since xmlBlaster still lacks a generic request / response
> pattern in its libraries (currently every user has to implement it his way).
>
> Gathering this information is valuable since this issue of implementing
> such a pattern is on the TODO list.

In the future I want to implement a publishfilter that implments such
policies but no work done for this issue so far.

> There are not but the content of the message could be anything you like.
> Using a standard (either global like rpc or soap or specific to your
> enterprise) would of course make sense.

Any recommendation?