Re: [xmlblaster] Connection problems

Hi Eduardo,
you are forcing the hostname and port by setting address.setRawAddress, this way the client will not choose a free port for the callback server. Are you sure the port 8081 on the localhost is not already used by some other software ?

try telnet localhost 8081
and telnet 192.168.10.79 8081

before you start your client

and after

If it answeres before then somebody else is listening on it
if you do not get an answer after having started, then your client is not properly listening.

You could also set the traces on the server side and client side:

java org.xmlBlaster.Main -trace true -call true

Try also

java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe -protocol XMLRPC

and in another terminal

java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe -protocol XMLRPC

to see if these work.

Regards
Michele

Eduardo Catarino wrote:
Hi Michele,

I'm always able to connect the server via: telnet localhost 2702.
Additionally when I run the HelloWord6 with

 address.setType("XMLRPC");    // force XmlRpc protocol
 address.setRawAddress("http://192.168.10.79:8081/";);  //(or with localhost)

I get this Warning message:

[28/Set/2005 11:28:24 WARN  main ConnectQosData] Clients side load balancing is not implemented, we ignore the additional address 'http://192.168.10.79:8081/'

And the last line of the output of the program is:

[28/Set/2005 11:28:27 INFO  main XmlRpcConnection] Created XmlRpc client to http://192.168.10.79:8081/

After that I have to use the CTRL+C to terminate the program.

Before terminating the program I used the telnet and checked that the client wasn't created.

At home I tried all the examples and my code and all went fine. I really don't know what to do more...

Best regards, Eduardo Catarino