[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmlblaster] Errors when testing C-API


thanks for your answer, Marcel, after some messing around, I found out the 
mistake was on my side of the keyboard. (you may skip the next section).

I want an application with some message classes, these map to the OIDs. But 
the clients should also be able to subscribe to certain messages only, which 
match some XPATH. So, I decided to put the entire message content into the 
key field and let the subscribers subcribe via XPATH. This led to another 
behaviour: The keys are considered constant in XB and as long as the oid does 
not change, XB does not evaluate the key's xml-children. So, I generated a 
new key oid for each message. This in turn costs XB a lot of overhead, and 
after some while, the applications started misbehaving.

Well, finally the MIME plugin for XPATH enlightened me, so I switched 
everything to this model and XB works fine ;-)

But if you are still interested in this insane stress-test, I'll be happy to 
send you the code.

Ashes on my head,

Jan Petranek