Re: [xmlblaster] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xmlBlaster/client/I_Callback

Hi Nelson,
I am sorry but I am not familiar to maven either. I am sure what you need in resolving your NoClassDefFoundError is found on the maven documentation.

I think however you should start on the other end. Before you even start to build and strip things you should run the demos. I know the user guide is *really* needed. You can not immagine how difficult it is to find somebody willing to do that job :(

On the other hand the demos are very cool and very simple to be used (often the code itself speaks clearer than words).

More the install (http://www.xmlblaster.org/install.html) page shows you how easy it is to get running.

Once you get familiar that way, then building it is just a detail. By the way your problem on how to put a jar inside another jar:
try to expand all jars and build an own one:

jar xfv someJar.jar
jar xfv someOtherJar.jar

jar cfv complete.jar

should make it

Cheers
Michele

inEvo wrote:
Hi,

First of all i have to thank Michelle for the fast replies :D They're really helping us decide toward XmlBlaster.. as it compensates for its lack of documentation for starters...

We'll be using Xml Blaster to develop an agent oriented architecture that can be run natively or remotely...

We need to create jars... we're using Maven but have had problems creating jars for distributing applications...

First of all we're novices and have no idea how to make Maven include a Jar inside another one...

What we're trying to do, for starters, is create a Jar containg the SimpleChat Java client. We'd like it to contain all the classpath information necessary but we keep getting the following error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xmlBlaster/client/I_Callback

Our Maven depencies look like this:

<dependency>
  <groupId>xmlBlasterClient</groupId>
     <artifactId>xmlBlasterClient Jar</artifactId>
     <jar>xmlBlasterClient.jar</jar>
  <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

We've built the dist-client jar and put it in Maven's local repository so the build is succesful.. but the xmlBlasterClient.jar is not included in the produced jar.

Even if we run it with something like : java -classpath ~/xmlBlaster/dist-client/lib/xmlBlasterClient.jar -jar simpleChat-0.1.jar

We still get the same error....

I hope someone can give us a few pointers as we've found very little documentation on how to start a simple XmlBlaster application.

regards,
Nelson Silva