Re: [xmlblaster] server sometimes stops matching XPath subscription properly

Hi Marshall,
I know it sounds a little confusing but the key is a per-topic invariant (or constant) and XPATH is used to group such topics together, it is not not intended to group message instances together.

If you want to search on specific message instances, i.e. on information which is dynamically changing (as the 'classical' JMS approach), then you have the MIME Filter Plugins which can query client properties (SQL92) or even the content of the message (regex) or you can write your own very specific plugin.

Having these two search alternatives allows us to cover a wide range of use-cases.

Greetings
Michele

Marshall Shapiro wrote:
Michele,

Thank you for your response. We found the problem and I had meant to write back sooner but then got bogged down.

Yes, we put our own domain specific information in the key. When I was publishing the first message on a topic I was not carful to include all the information we later use in making XPATH subscriptions. Once I realized what was going I was able to resolve it. But I would think that it would be more intuitive for the XPATH to match against what is in the key of the *latest* publication not the first. Does that make sense?

Thanks again for your consistently prompt and helpful responses.

Marshall