Re: [xmlblaster] xmlBlaster with perl questions

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 01:58:35PM -0700, Kevin Priebe wrote:
> 2) Are the subscriptions persistent if the server and/or agent shuts
> down?
If the server is configured for persistence and the client
requests it, yes.

> 3) Is there any built in functionality for Q-ing and batching of
> messages?
Messages are queued until they can be delivered via a callback
server or a get. Batching is potentially done with the callback
servers if you configure it.

> Any ideas of how to use burst mode for this?  The intervals might be up
I don't think it will do what you want.

> to 15 minutes or more.  Right now we just wrote our own simple batching
> program that uses it's own database.
You could have your agents only get their events at the
necessary time interval, essentially moving that part of the
logic to the queue.

> 4) Does the Perl interface support all of the functionality listed
> above?
It should.

-Jason Martin
--
RENTAL CAR: The only *TRUE* all-terrain vehicle.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.