Re: [xmlblaster] c++ client lib on windows

chiesa wrote:
> hi,all
>
> i try to compile the c++ client lib in the follow way(windows2003,vc7):
>
> edit build.properties as this :
> COMPILE_SOCKET_PLUGIN=1
> COMPILE_CORBA_PLUGIN=1
> corba.product = NONE
>
> build cpp
>
> now i get the error:bad dll or entry point:msobj71.dll

If you switch on CORBA you need to choose a CORBA
library, download it separately and compile it
separately.
Than you need to configure xmlBlaster C++ clients to use
it, here is an example for TAO (from xmlBlaster/build.properties):

 corba.product = TAO
 CORBACPP_HOME = C:/Marcel/ACE_wrappers/TAO
 idl.cmd       = C:/Marcel/ACE_wrappers/bin/tao_idl.exe
 CORBACPP_VER  = 1.3

Please read

  http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/client.cpp.mico.html
  http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/client.cpp.tao.html
  http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/client.cpp.orbix.html

depending on the CORBA library chosen, other C++ CORBA
libraries are supported as well, see

 xmlBlaster/src/c++/client/protocol/corba/CompatibleCorba.h

Note: If you use the SOCKET protocol you don't need to add
CORBA support. This is possibly simpler.
If you choose to compile SOCKET and CORBA simultaneously
you can choose on startup on command line of our demo clients
which protocol to use (try -help to get usage help).