Re: [xmlblaster] multiple nic environment

Marshall Shapiro wrote:
One of our xmlBlaster client writers, who is running in a multiple nic card environment asked:

"We discovered that xmlblaster clients (and maybe servers?) have to be binded
to the first network adapter. This can be difficult to find since windows
does not tell you which NIC card is eth0."

Is this true and is there something that can be done about this?

We are using socket protocol for client-server connection.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Moshe

All our protocol drivers allow to force the lokal IP and PORT.

For SOCKET it is:

 -dispatch/connection/plugin/socket/localPort
         You can specify our client side port as well (usually you shouldn't)
         Default is that the port is chosen by the operating system.
 -dispatch/connection/plugin/socket/localHostname
         Specify the hostname who we are. Makes sense for multi homed computers.
         Defaults to our hostname.