[xmlblaster] Re: problems in JHotDraw while running graphical demos

Marcel Ruff wrote:
Hi

we provide a version of jhotdraw with xmlBlaster,
see xmlBlaster/lib/jhotdraw.jar.
This way the demo should run out of the box.

Please use this, probably our code needs some
change for the newest jhotdraw release?
Michele can shed some light on this, the newest
release is 5.2, our jar file got commited on 2003/05/10 ...

I have just checked it, our jhotdraw.jar is release JHotDraw54b1.zip from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/jhotdraw/JHotDraw54b1.zip

Marcel

Best regards

Marcel

I'm having problems running GraphicChat and MonitoringAppl demos.

I followed the documentation and downloaded (and installed) JHotDraw before trying the demos.

I get the following Java exceptions:

C:\>java javaclients.graphical.GraphicChat -publishDelay 100

Property: Loading xmlBlaster.properties from CLASSPATH file:/C:/xmlBlaster/lib/xmlBlaster.jar!/xmlBlaster.properties
Property: No args array given.
Property: Added 1 property pairs
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: CH/ifa/draw/contrib/TextAreaTool
at javaclients.graphical.GraphicChat.createTools(GraphicChat.java:87)
at CH.ifa.draw.application.DrawApplication.open(Unknown Source)
at CH.ifa.draw.application.DrawApplication.open(Unknown Source)
at javaclients.graphical.GraphicChat.main(GraphicChat.java:146)

C:\>java javaclients.graphical.MonitoringAppl -publishDelay 100

Property: Loading xmlBlaster.properties from CLASSPATH file:/C:/xmlBlaster/lib/xmlBlaster.jar!/xmlBlaster.properties
Property: No args array given.
Property: Added 1 property pairs
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: CH.ifa.draw.samples.javadraw.JavaDrawApp: method <init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V not found
at javaclients.graphical.MonitoringAppl.<init>(MonitoringAppl.java:34)
at javaclients.graphical.MonitoringAppl.main(MonitoringAppl.java:93)

Thanks in advance for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Also, if you could send your response directly to mshapiro at draper.com I'd appreciate it, as I don't general check the list regularly.

Hi