Re: [xmlblaster] Problem with GET with <history numEntries='5'>

Giambattista Saldi wrote:
Hi Marcel,
It's my stupid error, i'm new with xmlblaster, i think it's a great product.
Now work fine, but i have this situation :
publish 10 messages
message 1
message 2
message 3
message 9
message 10

next i do the get command for the last 5 entries
and i get the messages in this order
message 10
message 9
message 8
message 7
message 6

the get order is not the same of the publish order.
There are any options to get the messages in the correct order, for my
application type the order is important.

regards
Giamba

Hi Giamba,

in the core code we have a switch for the ordering
but this was never exposed to be changeable by a client QoS.
So you have to stay with this default ordering, in your client
it should be possible to do

  for (i=msg.length; i>=0; i--)

instead of

  for (i=0; i<msg.length; i++)

to reverse the order

regards,

Marcel

PS: The history feature needs a nicer documentation in future ...