Re: [xmlblaster] MySQL

Hi Peter,

Peter Bennett wrote:
Michele Laghi wrote:

Yes,
in fact it would be nice if you could also try out mySql with the new code on cvs. You have of course to add the configuration in the xmlBlaster.properties file for mySQL the same way as for Oracle and postgres.

Done... Working my way to testing right now...

 The name you have to use is the one which the space-stripped

Connection.getMetaData().getDatabaseProductName();
returns.

MySQL

I have a question...

For testing purposes is it OK to use CACHE instead of JDBC?

Its OK to use CACHE (in fact it is the prefered way since it is faster).
As I understand it CACHE will save to JDBC but holds on to
the stuff in ram for quick access...

Here are the relevant settings... (Some just FYI)

JdbcStorage[MySQL]=org.xmlBlaster.util.queue.jdbc.JdbcQueueCommonTablePlugin,\

                    url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/xmlb,\
                    user=xmlblaster,\
                    password=xmlb1,\
                    connectionPoolSize=1,\
                    connectionBusyTimeout=90000,\
                    maxWaitingThreads=300,\
                    tableNamePrefix=XB_,\
                    nodesTableName=NODES,\
                    queuesTableName=QUEUES,\
                    entriesTableName=ENTRIES,\
                    dbAdmin=trueïïïïï!

Here I think the new line after the first one should be removed. The question marks on dbAdmin: answering here 'true' means that xmlBlaster will create the necessary tables. If you answer 'false' then xmlBlaster will not create these tables and the DB administrator needs to do that (this is used in some productional systems where xmlBlaster has no DB admin rights).

StoragePlugin[JDBC][1.0]=${JdbcStorage[MySQL]}

persistence/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0 persistence/topicStore/defaultPlugin=JDBC,1.0 persistence/msgUnitStore/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0

QueuePlugin[JDBC][1.0]=${JdbcStorage[MySQL]}1

queue/subject/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0
queue/history/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0
queue/callback/defaultPlugin=CACHE,1.0

jdbcDriver.mapping[MySQL]=string=text,longint=bigint,int=int,boolean=char(1),blob=blob

It appears that some of the settings like table and connectionErrorCode are no longer needed...

You'r right these are now obsolete. I have to update some of the documentation

Note the jdbc driver for MySQL has changed although the old driver name that is included in the template (org.mm.gjt whatever) is still available in the new packages however it will be phased out.
It should be migrated to the new name and a note put into
the requirements doc that I will create.

org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver  ==> com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Finally I have some way to go before I can test...
I think an issue exists with MySQL and some of the
relational features in the tables... MySQL out of
the box on a Debian Woody system does not support
these features but the new InnoDB format in MySQL
does... So I have to make that work first.

Regards

Regards
Michele