From: Marcel Ruff [mailto:mr at marcelruff.info]
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 7:30 AM
To: xmlblaster at server.xmlblaster.org
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster] adding SSL to xmlBlaster

Madere, Colin wrote:

>My project is pretty committed to xmlBlaster, however, our client will
>require all communication to be done over SSL with client-certs (PKI).
>
>Some ideas on where to start looking for how much work this is going to
>be? I'm already looking into integration with Tomcat for authentication
>and authorization, but it seems I will still have to add SSL
>encrypt/decrypt functionality to xmlBlaster and all clients for
>transport layer security.
>
>Hit me with the bad (good?) news.
>
>Colin

Hi Colin

You can establish an SSL tunnel, see:

  http://www.xmlblaster.org/FAQ.html#SSH

Another possibility is to use JacORB's SSL features, see

 http://www.jacorb.org

If you use RMI or XmlRpc i think there are solutions as well

please report if/how you succeeded (for our FAQ),

thanks

Marcel

PS: Authentication and authorization with tomcat probably requires that
you write a security plugin.