RE: [xmlblaster] Publish/Topic clobbering with multiple clients

Hi Colin,
when you publish to a topic which does not exist xmlBlaster automatically
creates one for you. When a subsequent publish is done on the same topic
(the same oid), you actually do an update of the previously published message.

If you want to publish on an existing oid and you don't know which topics
exist you can make a get with the oid='__cmd:/node/heron/?clientList' specified
in the key. This way you get a list of all topics.

Michele

 Now
>that I stopped and restarted everything the problem seems to have gone
away.
>Wonder what I got myself into that caused that.
>
>So in normal practice you don't worry about whether a topic exists or not,
>you simply subscribe to or publish to it?  Is there an official way to
only
>subscribe to or publish to a topic that already exists in xmlBlaster?
>
>Thanks

I'm

Dreaming of a Swiss Account? Get it here: http://freemail.swissinfo.org