Re: [xmlblaster] implementing query in addition to publish / subscribe

Hallo Michael,
if you want to make a request synchroneously then "get" is the correct choice.

If the kind of query would be of lets say the kind:

a) "Give me back the last 5 messages of a particular topic" or
b) "give me all messages since Christmas for a given topic"

It is what we call history queue queries, that is, queries regarding a specific
topic (a specific msg oid). These are on our high priority list and will
be implemented as a plugin. Fore more exotic queries one can then write
a more specific plugin.

For case a) there is already a way of doing it. See the requirement: http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.subscribe.html
for an example or have a look at HelloWorldSubscribe.

Cheers
Michele

Dreaming of a Swiss Account? Get it here: http://freemail.swissinfo.org