[xmlblaster] New to xmlBlaster and have questions...

I am involved in developing an interface between 2 systems using xmlBlaster with Java and a publish/subscribe architecture. Being new to xmlBlaster, I have some pretty basic questions that I am hoping someone can answer for me:

1. Is it possible to edit the content of a message that has been published and is sitting in the xmlBlaster queue? Or would I have to subscribe to that message, create an XML file containing the message's contents plus the edit I need to make, then publish that message again?

2. What exactly does unsubscribe do for me? What are some uses for it? Is there a way to call unsubscribe on a message that will then prevent a subsequent subscribe call from seeing the unsubscribed message?

Thank you very much,
Kelli