Re: [xmlblaster] Need Info

Cyrille Giquello wrote:

Yes it is, but i would need to sit down an solve some
final issues with applets and i haven't got the time now ;-)
The firewall issue is probably solved easily.

Solving the proxy problem is possible with SOCKET as well
but this needs probably one week of work.

Do you mean that SOCKET is not finished ?
Today, can't we use SOCKET in production env ???

I consider it finished for normal usage and i know companies using it in their xmlBlaster application instead of CORBA.

But additional features like http tunneling and firewall piercing
from applets needs further investigation.
I have already used SOCKET to tunnel 2 firewalls and 3 proxies
simultaneously (all in a row) but only with help of 'httptunnel' (for the proxy parts).
And installing 'httptunnel' is no option for a normal browser end user.

Marcel

cyrille