Re: [xmlblaster] Newbie: best way to implement client-server message queues?

Marcel Ruff wrote:

> Ok that's what I thought. I think for the moment I can get by with Ptp
> and the very bad security of each receiver having a 'secret' name. I
> know that's not really any security at all, but it will let me get on
> with developing!

Wolfgang has just send me a really nice HOWTO documentation
for the security framework, it should be online soon ...

> Last question for today (maybe): the client.feeder and client.reader
> classes (great names, by the way) offer a very easy way of accessing
> their functionality from, basically the command line for PubSub -- is
> there anything like them for Ptp, so I can from some other code call
> something like
>
>    Client.PtpFeed <receivername> -k <xmlheaderfile> -c <contentfile>

The command line examples should work with PtP as well, just try a QoS
similat to:

<qos>
   <destination queryType='EXACT' forceQueuing='true'>
       joe
  </destination>
  <destination>
       Tim
   </destination>
</qos>

instead of the empty <qos/>.
(joe and Tim must be other clients which have logged in under this name).

> and
>
>    Client.PtpReadNext <receivername>
>
> ...which would take the next message from the queue for this receiver?
>
> Failing that, has anyone seen any Ptp code in perl or python (sorry I
> know java is lo*v*ely, but the rest of what I'm working on is in those
> languages, and it would be nice to have at least a little homogeneity!)
>
> Thanks again for your extremely useful help -- if all this is in a
> tutorial somewhere, tell me to go away and read it!

http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.publish.html

has many links to follow.

enjoy

Marcel