Re: [xmlblaster] Ant task for requirements (added)

Peter Antman wrote:

Ok, thanks.

By the way, is there any magical way of setting the xml-parser to use
for XmlBlaster programatically. The environment i run in uses xerces,
but xerces can not be used in the merge stuff:

15:39:00,953 WARN  [Default] [Sep 16, 2002 3:39:00 PM ERROR XmlNotPortable] Code to write XML-ASCII is missing for document class=org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl
15:39:00,955 WARN  [Default] [Sep 16, 2002 3:39:00 PM ERROR XmlNotPortable] Code to merge XML-documents is missing for document class=org.apache.xerces.dom.DeferredDocumentImpl

If you update the two methods in

 org.xmlBlaster.util.XmlNotPortable.java

it should run with xerces - would be nice to compare performance etc.
and to be xml parser independend.

I do use the Embedded... with the XmlBlasterClassloader to get all
XmlBlaster related stuff firt, but it can't bypass the JAXP stuff as far
as I know.

Konrad forced crimson in i think 3 locations like

engine/xml2java/XmlKeyDom.java:
protocol/jdbc/XmlDBAdapter.java:
System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory","org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");

./util/SaxHandlerBase.java:
System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory","org.apache.crimson.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl");

i think this had more impact than the classloader :-)

Marcel

Is it possible to set crimson to be used only in the XmlBlaster server
in any way.

//Peter

On 16 Sep, Marcel Ruff wrote:

Peter Antman wrote:

Hi,
I have added an ant task to generate the requirements, do you want me to
check it in together with the other stuff - it requires me to add the
optionals.jar and xalan to the libs.

//Peter

Hi Peter,

this task exists since last week, please check out xmlBlaster.
You should subscribe the xmlblaster-devel list as well,
it was announced there:

<echo message=" javadocs --> generates the javadoc documentation"/>
<echo message=" javadocs-delete --> remove the above"/>
<echo message=" html --> generates the html file of each java/cpp/python ... file in same directory"/>
<echo message=" html-delete --> remove the above"/>
<echo message=" requirements--> generates html files for all xml requirements"/>
<echo message=" requirements-delete --> remove the above"/>
<echo message=" whitepaper --> generates html and pdf files for our xml whitepaper"/>
<echo message=" whitepaper-delete --> remove the above"/>
<echo message=" docs --> does javadoc, source-html, requirements and whitepaper"/>
<echo message=" docs-delete --> remove the above"/>

thanks and regards,

Marcel

PS: For your MDB EJB plugin you should update xmlBlaster from
cvs daily to minimize merges.