Re: [xmlblaster] Email Callback cont

>Note that the email plugin has only demo
>character, we need to specify the exact
>email setup in a requirement.

>Could you mail us what features you expect
>from the email plugin, what do you want to do

Our attempts at notfication from remote process to end user span raw
sockets, SNMP, Event Service, SMTP, HTTP etc, We have settled on SMTP to
inform users of events within a distributed system as for the beneficial
semantics of SMTP a user will tend to their email package moreover any
custom means I devise. We otherwise use iiop for distributed process to
process communication/notifications. If xmlBlaster enabled me to be able to
send messages/notifications to a common interface, I dont have to think of
it as CORBA to EMAIL rather it would be a bridge from IIOP to SMTP using XML
datagrams. Great. I can subscribe users and recv them recv SMTP messages
that originated in IIOP. This would offer great power and flexibility in my
opinion. To have the messages go the other way would be an outstanding
feature as well.

I'm not familiar enough with the xmlBlaster code to offer an opinion of what
features are needing over and above what is already offered and what I have
mentioned above.

HTH Regards

Martin Johnson